The Bellona Times presents....

Friday, February 12, 2010

...hmmm...i know ...YARR!

LMAO...So last night started out very frustrasting and ended nicely and even with a few laughs.

So it starts out...I log on...and well I have been doing mining as of lately for easy semi afk iskies while I work on various things around the house. Finally I get some time to log off the laptop, my mobile EVE station...lol, and go log on the desktop. And there I am....sitting in a station...in a vessel used for mining....Life sucks. This is just boring...i remember when i first started the game and it brought such thrill to me. But now...everytime i do it....i try to find a reason not to hit the self destruct....BOOM bye bye miner.

So having enough...i contact a buddy....repackage the needed items, reprocess the others...contract over the stuff...BAM...transportation taken care of. *Red Frog Frieght...good service*.

So back to my "home" station and I am trying to figure out what to do. So i go check out the blogs i am following....looking through randoms dates i found one that was pretty entertaining and he posted about one time out...apparently he found himself a russian.

And it all started with a simple convo opener.."how are you doing" or "how is your ship doing"...something along the lines of that...then following the posted convo...2mins later the russian calls the guy a "whore" and then starts typing russian. Still following the convo, the other party attempts to figure out what is being said and says something about meeting for Tea and the russian being thankful for assisting him in ship removal.

I died laughing at the context here, even told the wife about it. THEN IT DEFINITELY HAPPENED...why am i waiting for a corp to join. Quickly I jumped into a rifter i had already made for this purpose...knowing that one day it was going to happen...too manys thoughts about it...and i few my little caldari ass down to some low sec.

Now before starting...i was way excited so i had to slow down and make sure i was doing things right...i stopped in a station...bought 2 extra ships and some others...ok i believe i am good. Low sec was next door and i was ready for some fun. I have done high sec wars, and null sec battles...but low sec is supposedly all together a differ beast. DAMN...wife aggro...so hurry and get her a drink...yeah yeah...well pregnacy beats EVE...ok back to the game and task at hand...So i warp to a spot and start checking my directional...looks like a caracal is near by...so i find him in a belt ratting....Grin on my face and engines kicking out all the power they can i charge...

Target....lock...scram...web...guns....WTF....My Shields gone, Armor gone...POD...At this point. i like to mention...i am just staring at the computer....UHHH...WTF. Still there in my pod just looking at the caracal. And then it hits me....i never jumped into low sec. I got distracted by the wife for a few minutes and all i had on my mind was low sec. DOH...and the fail doesnt stop there... Thanking Concord for reminding me that i was in highsec, i warp back to the station with my ships........wait for it..........yep you have probably already guessed it....i undocked...again at station...BOOM....DAMNIT...

All those poor mini slaves lost...Dock back up. and now a buddy gets me talking about it...a few minutes into convo he asks me if my wreck was still there and if i looted it... *grins*...yep...it happened again...undock Ba'BOOM.  At this point...i can not wait to get out of high sec....i dock up and leave my desk for 30 min. This trend had to be broken.

Alright 30min later...I gets back...eager more now then ever...i fly to a trade hub somewhat near by...buy myself a badger...fit it out for transporting...buy 5 frigs with fittings to play with...throw it all in my transport...and head off this time to a system with medical services...determined to do better this time around. I find my station...i fit each ship right there...making sure not to rush. I then insure each ship...then i check my clone and station...make sure that is all upto date...chat with a few buddies...and ok i am set...i think.

*****JUMP INTO LOW SEC THIS TIME*****

Ok so its been awhile since i have done some pvp...i warp off to make a SS.  I see 4 people in local. Coming out of warp...whoa...there is a pod warping into the same spot...

*if you have seen the treasure cat from Alice in Wonderland...lol...our grins are one of the same*

I start spamming the target....Lock...SCRAM...hehehe...So i dont even get to do anything here...Bam Convo request pops upto me...and i am a very social person i like to think. So i accept and the first sentence almost as soon as the convo'ed opened..."ok how much do you want?" Already i like this guys attitude. 15mil later he was a free pod on his travels. However i learned later by looking up in local. That he lost his ship literally 40sec earlier before meeting me...ROFLMAO damn...if that doesnt suck i dont know what does.

So i continue on my SS making...at the same time scanning the directional and keeping eyes on local. One guy in local apparently was trying to do a 1v1...and after him some russians and atlas poped into system...so to me...i was thinking this had to be a setup. The toon was just a few months old...so after a few minutes of finishing my SS...i convo'ed the guy...
me-"ok man i will bite...where at?"
him- how bout the station?
me- oh hell no...dont think so
him- ok where?
me- planet 1
him- ok warping...going for podding?
me- is that what you want?
him- yeah sure, why not...

ok so i warp at a distance away to first look for the setup...sure enough...it was just him in a rifter also. after a few seconds i figured what the hell...i will try to take him out before anyone jumps in...we both start flying at each other...20km away i click half screen below him....12km i hit orbit.... This little shit is hauling ass around me and definitely out of range of my guns. After a quick  sec i realize he has artillery and a MWD fitted...i am not getting closer then 15km from him....and he is taking my shields down a little at a time...Not being to worried...i break warp and fly away...lol...of course to his dismay, this breaks his orbit and has his ship following me now...i cut my engines and turn around directly for him...*BAM* he is quickly 6km from me...LOCK SCRAM WEB...lets see ya move fast now....and the OH SHIT WTF comes across the convo...LMAO i get him locked down and orbit his ass....now i realize he also doesnt have a scram on either...he just webs me...but my cannons tear his hull a new one. I let him keep his pod as i look into his wreck...nothing big...all T1 stuff.

After that we both greet with "GF" and he moves on...later as i am searching around...jumping SS to SS...i find his capsule on directional...ok now its a differ game...so i warp to him a few times...scaring him, but he managed to warp around in his pod before i could lock each time. Once his counter was done he left the system.

So that concluded my night...some would say Pirate...but i like to think of it all now as providing the "missing content" that so many like to say isnt around and there is nothing to do in EVE. In which now i also believe if you encounter another capsuleer in low sec...you should be nice and thank him for providing you that game experience you have been looking for...and even more so give him some isk for all their hard work to provide such services for you to enjoy the game.

Till next time,
Enyo

No comments:

Post a Comment